Saturday, May 05, 2007

Surrounded by Pink...


Well, we finished Anna's nursery a while back, and we thought you might want to see a glimpse of the most girly room in our house. This paint job required much time, labor, and love...but we think she will love it someday!
It's funny. I have spent most of my life running from the color pink. Nancy always tried to buy me at least one pink shirt every season. Lindsey thinks I would look "studly" in a cool pink shirt.
The truth is, guys, that we can't run forever. You may not know the day or the hour, but pink comes like a thief in the night. Be prepared, and never say never. You never know when you'll spend hours painting different shades of pink in your little girl's room.
I always hoped for a daughter. I prayed that having a daughter would teach me to be more sensitive. Well, let the games begin!
Seriously though, it's so wonderful to have Anna in our lives. It's difficult to think as I look at her that someday I'll have to give her away to another man (her husband). I guess I'd better go soon and buy some cool shotguns to display in our house so this unsuspecting young man can have a healthy fear of Anna's daddy.
God has truly blessed our family, and every day brings us more love and happiness than the day before.

No comments:

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker