Monday, April 13, 2009

I Have the Best "Job" in the World

I am a mom to three great kids and wife to an amazing student pastor. That makes for one crazy, but beyond-blessed Easter Sunday. Every Sunday morning is a battle. -To not get frustrated as I rush around the house for a solid hour and 30 minutes trying to get all three kids out the door and to church. I HATE it when my heart is more focused on affection (or disdain!) for my hair than for my Savior. I HATE it when I nag my children all morning to do as they're told rather than spend those moments teaching and modeling what it looks like to prepare for worship. ...and although we experienced these same struggles yesterday, God was beyond faithful. He is SO worthy of our worship! He is overwhelmingly wonderful and full of grace. He has the power and authority to conquer death! I had the awesome privilege to pray with a sweet 7th grade student yesterday as she asked Christ to be her Savior. It was so cool. I have been praying with and talking to this same girl for nearly a year as she has wrestled with doubt and fear that has kept her from Christ. And yesterday was the day of salvation for her. I am so thankful and humbled that God allowed me to be a part of it! Praise God!!! For He alone is the Giver of life and all things good!!! He uses us to glorify Himself and bring others to Him in spite of our sinfulness and inadequacy! Thank You, Lord!

4 comments:

Shannon Bradley said...

Sweet and encouraging post :)

Amber said...

Amen friend! What a great post! oh and I loved your last post too! Anna Bell 1:9...that is so classic! LOVE IT! miss you friend!

The Via Colony said...

That is AWESOME, Lindsey. What a special day, in more ways than 1=)

You are doing a GREAT job to those 3 precious children. You make being a mother of 3 look so easy sometimes. I'm gonna have a lot of questions...

Adam, Connie, Josiah, and Bella said...

That's awesome, Linds. I am right there with you, except with just two kids! I was so frustrated with Josiah Easter morning...trying to get the 3 of us ready by myself...and he was not cooperating:) Both were crying and my phone started ringing - Scott sent me a text that simply said, "Christ is risen!"
I immediately refocused, asked forgiveness, and tried to celebrate Christ's life as I drove my 2 crying and tired children to church!
Wish we both had more time to chat; I miss you!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker