Monday, June 22, 2009

Blogworthy.




Over a month has past since my last post. ... and it's not that there haven't been happenings worth posting about in the Broome family:
* I traveled to Missouri and flew with all three kids. WITH the help of my 15 year old sister...yeah...I don't know if I'll be making that trip all by myself with all 3 in tow anytime soon. All three were really good and cooperative, but things just happen, ya know?!? Joshua had to go potty as we were taking off. Caleb had a blowout. The Atlanta airport is INSANE. You get the idea.
* While in St. Louis, I was able to see and hang out with family and dear friends...however as with every trip back to the midwest, I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to. Joshua had a really tough week which in turn, was exhausting for me. Everything was a battle. He's not a typically aggressive kid, but really was while we were there. I still don't know exactly why it was such a difficult week, but I know that part of it was being away from his daddy. I was reminded of how great it is to have a husband who loves me and loves our kids enough to be really involved in loving, correcting, and training them.
* Caleb is now 6 months old! How did that happen?!?! I have SO enjoyed the baby stage with him...much more than with the other two. I find myself savoring the fact that he can't crawl or eat food or do anything on his own yet. I'm so thankful for that. He is such a little ball of sweetness. He started clearly and deliberately saying "mama" about a month ago and it melts my heart! At his 6 month well-check he was 25th % weight and 90th % length!!! How did I get such a long baby?!!? ...Fred may get his bb star after all!!!

* We're having the outside of our house painted. It's not exactly how Fred and I would have liked to spend our money, but it needed to be done. And it looks SO good! The guys are almost finished and I'm amazed at what a fresh coat of paint does for the curb appeal.

* IBC's student camp was the first weekend in June and it was INCREDIBLE. This was the first year of doing our own camp, so Fred, the other student pastor and their administrative assistants put tons of work into making it all happen. God did some amazing things in students' lives and at least one became a follower of Christ! Praise be to GOd!!! I didn't go so Ash came and helped with the kids. I am so thankful that she did- it made those days while Fred was away so much easier and it was great to be able to hang out with her for those days. I'm already looking forward to getting to go next year!
* We had Xtreme Week at church last week (IBC's vbs). I taught 3k Bible study time. It was so fun getting to share Truth with those little guys and gals! We were worn out by 1:00 everyday, but it was so worth it!
* And now, for the source of motivation for this post: Check out this DISGUSTING critter that FLEW across our bedroom about an hour ago! ughhhhhhh!!!! Apparently, this is just part of living in the deep south. I guess this is the season for these beastly creatures to be seen and with all the windows open with the painters, this horrid thing got into our bedroom. ...SO that's why I'm posting well after midnight-- because WHO can go to bed after that nastiness is flying around your bed?!!??

THIS is what our bedroom looked like after tearing it apart trying to track the thing down! I have said since moving to Macon that there are A LOT of things I love about life here; our church family, our friends, southern culture, ... But there are 3 things that I HATE: the fire ants, the mosquittos, and the roaches!

9 comments:

The Hunters said...

lindsey, it is SO great to have such involved daddies. we are here in Dallas right now visiting my family, and my girls are harder. I am ready for Phillip to come back to help me. They do so much better for him. We are SO blessed to have our husbands, so many wives don't have that dicipline support from their husbands. Kids really need that male authority. And also, I HATE roaches too!

The Via Colony said...

That picture of the 3 of them is SOOO cute! Anna Bell just loving on her little Caleb, love it=)

I hate those roaches too. When we lived in TX they were HORRIBLE! Your room looks nice though...you should def. keep it like that.

Glad to hear you've been having a fun and eventful summer so far!=)

Missed you at camp...maybe we'll be hanging out together at camp next year?

Holly said...

Way to go on the flight with 3! We will be doing it in July, but Mike will be with me. I'm glad you had help while Fred was gone. Mike is gone right now and my mom came or else I really don't think I could do it. Sooo Tasha is right those roaches you see I probably see one 3-4 times a week and lots of time in our house or the garage. I've just had to get used to them. However, in our room would really gross me out!

Adam, Connie, Josiah, and Bella said...

Oh Linds, I am with you on the roaches...they call them palmetto bugs here. I still freak out every time I see one. :)
Flying with two was difficult enough; I can't imagine doing it with three!
I can't get over how cute your kiddos are! We don't have any trips in July...maybe we could get together sometime!

Leslie said...

Just this week, I sprayed a "line of fire" (canned bug spray) around the base of our bed until Mr. Exterminator can pay us a visit. We have these lovely little suckers taking up residence... http://www.swagbucks.com/?t=i&p=1&q=House+Centipede

I figured I could at least sleep well knowing they wouldn't try to get in bed with us. YUCK!

Oh, and for your friend who says that where she lives, roaches are called Palmetto Bugs, I say... a roach by any other name is still a roach!

Sandy said...

The top photo is priceless! I love Caleb's tolerant expression and Anna Bell's delight! And Joshua...he's just taking it all in stride! Miss ya'll!

Julie Scott said...

If you hate roaches - I'll be sure to never invite you to MY house!! Enjoyed your post! Julie

The Via Colony said...

Ok, so I religiously check your blog every day just HOPING that you'll post more;). Anyway, that first picture makes me laugh and smile EVERY TIME I see it, that would be EVERY DAY! Thanks for capturing that one=)

Anonymous said...

I occasionally get confused when I'm reading your blog. I find myself momentarily thinking I'm reading Marla's. You guys remind me so much of each other...reading about the bug being your motivation for posting was just one of those moments. :) I always enjoy reading your stuff.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker