Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Swing Set And Sickness

Fred's dad came down over the weekend to add on to the swing set that he has built for the kids. He built the swing portion last year and has been working on the rest at home. He brought part of it already put together and set up the rest while he was here- check out how wonderful it is! I don't know if you can tell from the pictures, but it has a climbing wall on the side and a ladder on the back. We will either put sand or a tire swing underneath. The kids are so excited- thanks, dad! We love you and are so thankful for our swing set!







Okay, does anyone else feel like this season of life= someone is always getting sick? (And then passing that sickness on to a brother or sister!!!) I think that we've had some sort of stomach bug 4 times in the past year...but this round is definitely the worst. Poor Caleb started throwing up sometime in the middle of Thursday night, Anna Bell started on Friday night, and Joshua on Monday night. ...And now my dear husband is down:( It has made them all so weak and tired. I know that this is probably something I shouldn't admit, but I've enjoyed it a little bit...not the vomiting, required additional cleaning, or pitifulness. And before you think that I'm a terrible person- I definitely do not like to see any of them hurting. However- they each have been so incredibly sweet and cuddly! Caleb and I sat for hours reading board books (which by the way-- I have not done hardly at all with him-- poor third child!) Anna Bell and I sat and did a puzzle for 30 minutes today. And I curled up next to Joshua in his bed last night and had great talks on what it means to be created in the image of God and what it means to love Jesus with all your heart. Those are the things that make me thankful for even things such as sickness:)
*We've also watched WAY TOO many hours of PBS kids and videos...
Next week: television detox!!!

*This was the only activity J and AB did yesterday- they "played in the sink" (Or rather, cleaned those nasty germs off of some toys!)


*Caleb didn't smile for 2 days straight. SO sad...he finally started smiling again on Sunday afternoon.









6 comments:

Adam, Connie, Josiah, and Bella said...

swing set looks great - how fun! Poor, sweet kiddos...they are so sweet, though. Love the pic of AB sleeping. Pray they are all feeling better soon and that you stay well!

Sandy said...

so sorry you've had sick little loves! and oh my goodness...I've always thought Caleb is very much a Broome, but in that last picture, he's...well...ALL Broome! AB definitely looks like you to me though! ;) Love you all!

Unknown said...

I agree! We have had at least 3 if not 4 stomach bugs this year! I do love it when they will sit still with you and cuddle!

Jennifer Hambrick said...

Oh man, you know I can relate this week to the stomach bug thing...no FUN!

But the extra cuddles are sweet =)

That swing set looks awesome!

HappyascanB said...

Lindsey, Amy Purdy told me about your blog; it's precious! I am so sorry all of y'all have been so sick! YUCK! The pictures of the kids are precious, and I hope they're feeling better and are able to enjoy that cool swing set!

I laughed at you talking about how Caleb probably hasn't been read to nearly as much as the other two because I'm the pregnant one who's reading books to her belly! :)

Unknown said...

The swing set is good, but sickness is too bad for them. They will enjoy their swing set once they turn better.

Http://www.lifespanswingsets.com.au

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker