Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Silly Little Conversations

(As we were driving home one evening, we passed a man running without a shirt on)

Anna Bell: LOOK!!! That man is NAKED!!!!!! Hahahaha Isn't that so funny?!!?

Joshua: WHERE?!!?

Me: There was a man running without a shirt on.

Joshua: Oh. Yeah, that's just what us boys do sometimes. But not girls, right?

Me: That's right.

Joshua: That's because girls have mustaches.

Me: They have what?

Joshua: Mustaches. You know, kinda like beards.

Me: Uhhh....girls don't have mustaches.

Joshua: Well, sometimes really old ones do.

Well, the boy has a point...but what did that have to do with boys running shirtless? I decided not to ask.


(While walking into the grocery store, we passed a worker who was on a smoking break)

Joshua: Mom, why does that lady have a straw in her mouth?

Me: Let's just go on into the store, buddy.

I decided not to tell him that day what smoking was. I know that we'll have that conversation soon enough, but in that moment, I was just enjoying the fact that my fast-growing little boy doesn't have any idea what a cigarette is.


(I was listening to Joshua and Anna Bell fall asleep the other night while we were staying at a cabin in the mountains. They were in beds side by side and just having a quiet conversation like two little grown ups.

Anna Bell: Joshua, I'm gonna be really nice to you tomorrow, okay? I'm not gonna bite you or anything.

Joshua: But Anna Bell, you pulled my hair really hard today.

Anna Bell: (After a long pause...and in her most sincere and sweetest voice) Joshua, I am so sorry. But you probably don't want a bandaide because that would really hurt your hair.

5 comments:

shelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shelly said...

these conversations are probably my favorite thing about your blog...and that anna bell made me CRACK UP on that last one!

Unknown said...

hahahahaha! Too cute!

The Via Colony said...

Awwww, that is SO cute. I love that last one...too cute!

Adam, Connie, Josiah, and Bella said...

I LOVE it! Can't wait to hear these in person!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker