Thursday, May 26, 2011

Little Ez

Ezra was a week old yesterday. We are adjusting well as a family of 6. J, AB, and C are all three in love with him...they want to give him kisses and hugs throughout the day. Unfortunately, sometimes their affection is a bit much for this little guy. He'll be tough, I guess! I am doing well. I'm trying not to do too much and rest when I can...easier said than done around here:)



The kids and I went for a short walk around the neighborhood this morning and I had one of those "I hope I never forget this" moments. Ezra was in the sling, Caleb was holding my hand, and Joshua and Anna Bell were a couple steps ahead exploring bugs, pine cones, pieces of road and whatever else interested them. Life right now is hard. It's often times messy. Our kids our sinful and so is their mama. I fail every single day to honor Christ in the way that I parent them. One fear of regret that I have is looking back and not enjoying these days. But in that moment, life was pure bliss. I am overwhelmingly blessed. I know it...even when it's hard and exhausting, I know that the great responsibility and honor of being mom and wife in our home is awesome.



As with the other three, Ez's first name is from a biblical hero and middle name is from a missionary hero:



{ezra}



Fred and I were reading through the book of Ezra early on in my pregnancy and both agreed that his is a pretty worthy legacy: Ezra 7:10 "For Ezra had set his heart to study the Law of the LORD, and to do it and to teach His statutes and rules in Israel."



{james}



James Elliot is one of the most well-known missionaries of our day...and for valid reasons. His testimony of service to the Auca tribe along with his wife is amazing. We will teach Ezra Elliot's famous quote at an early age: "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."



My Papa is also James and although he has never been a "missionary" he is a man who has walked closely with God for a long time. He is my favorite person to hear pray. There is both a reverence and an intimacy in his words that speak of a long, dear relationship with his Savior.



...And here are a few pictures of our sweet Ezra James:




























Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Perfect little guy! Hope it's not too long before I get to love on him!

And the photo of AB... LOVE it!

Luke and Laura Brosius said...

Can't wait to meet that sweet little thing!!!! Love you guys!!!!

Blue, Heather, Campbell and Piper Bryan said...

I love his name and the path ya'll took to pick it!

Shannon Bradley said...

He is precious! Love and miss y'all! :)

The Via Colony said...

Awww, what a sweetie!

I loved this post Lindsey! It is SO hard to keep these crazy days in perspective and remember to cherish even the hard ones...

Love you! You are a GREAT mommy:)

Sandy said...

what a beautiful family--LOVE the new addition and look sooo forward to meeting him!

steamgray said...

GREAT NAME! my wife and I name our son Ezra James as well. He is about to turn a year old and thought i should Google his name and found your blog. God Bless you and your family!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker