Monday, August 29, 2011

First Days of School




Joshua started kindergarten and Anna Bell is in 4k 3 days a week this year. Our church has a 5K program. I am really thankful for this because it keeps our kids in the same place for one more year, is a fabulous Christ-centered program, and gives us an extra year to make the elementary school decision. Both kids have wonderful teachers and have done great so far. I miss them by the time noon rolls around, but I'm also enjoying the time with C and Ez. (Caleb goes to Mother's Morning Out two mornings a week and LOVES it...he is really sad when he doesn't get to go too!:))


I know that I've said it before, but I'm so thankful for our excellent preschool program. I have only good things to say about it. Our kids learn the Word and biblical Truth continuously.


However, I am a little torn about them going most days. I know that these days are going to fly by. Already, I'm feeling time slipping through my hands and wishing for more quiet, uneventful mornings at home in our PJ's.


Regardless of whether we home school or school school, life is quickly changing. Gone are the days of spontaneous mornings spent at the park with friends or weeks away with no concern of what we're missing while away.


...So here's a word to my friends of toddlers: before you know it, life will change. Your little boy or girl will be in school and you'll not only miss him or her terribly (if you choose the school school route) you'll also miss the season of simplicity.










And since I'm on the topic of school and all....here's the best school picture ever. I think that this is my first grade pic. Isn't it completely hilarious?!!!!? Can you imagine pulling this thing out of the envelope??!!!






















4 comments:

The Via Colony said...

Hahaha! That picture is awesome!

You are so right, once the kids reach school age we have entered into a whole new era. Even as a home school mom, I miss those simplistic days in PJ's with no agenda are over:( I guess we'll get used to this new regular...

(Love ya'll! We can't thank you enough!!!)

The Hunters said...

Lindsey, my girls are starting 4k preschool next week for the first time ever. I cannot begin to say how COMPLETELY alike I feel!! I am SO torn about letting them go, I want to stay home and do whatever we want all day every day. But then again I think it will be nice to have them go, be just me and the boys, less sibling rivarly, etc. If we feel so torn is it a good thing? Its pretty confusing and I'm just so glad to hear another mom feeling the same way! Most people think I'm crazy, 4 kids 4 and under, wanting them to be with me ALL the time. But I know these days are the most precious ever, and are already gone too soon! I am planning on homeschooling K-1st or 2nd for all my kids. Then on to public school they go...it's already ripping my heart out. My goal is to keep my eyes on Christ, wanting to grow our children up to be little missionaries in their schools - secure in who they are and able to show Christ's love to others. I know you feel the same, and I know only the LORD will give us the peace to do just that...slowly let them go out into the world.
and ps. the reason I waited so long to potty train canon was that I was the one not ready too:)
thanks again for posting this lindsey:)!!

neubiewaters said...

I think its quite possible you were tooting when the photographer shot that one!

Sandy said...

that last comment cracked me up! such a great blogpost Lindsey, and so true...you and all young mommies need to know that these days will pass by so quickly that before you know it, you will be watching your GRANDchildren start school. okay, now for a good cry. love you.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker