Wednesday, January 09, 2008

My Sweet Husband

Tomorrow is our four year anniversary! Some of our dear friends from the college ministry in Indiana are coming to visit for the weekend, so Fred surprised me with a whole day of celebration yesterday. It was so fun! Just as we were falling asleep on Monday night, he casually said, "I took the day off tomorrow." I could barely fall asleep because i LOVE it when Fred is home, especially in the middle of the week like that. When we got up the next morning he said that we needed to go ahead and get ready because we were going to Atlanta! Once in the car, he asked if I'd rather go to the Aquarium or IKEA (my FAVORITE store as of late!). Both ideas sounded super fun to me, but we ended up deciding that it would be a major bummer if we paid all that money for the aquarium and the kids weren't into it....so: we chose IKEA. The picture above is what Fred got me for our anniversary: it's a storage unit for the laundry room. Like most stay-at-home-moms, I'm constantly trying to think up ways to better organize and make it look "cool" at the same time. Doesn't this look so cool!!!!! Thank you, my amazing husband!!!! If that wasn't enough, Fred also made me an appointment for a pedicure when we got back...but we missed the appointment because we were at IKEA for like 3 hours!!! When we did get home, we got ready and fed the kiddos and one of Fred's interns came over and watched them so that we could go out to eat. It was such a great day!!!!
I am so completely blessed by and thankful for our marriage. Fred is such an incredible husband and daddy. He lives out the description of what love looks like found in I Corinthians 13 so much better than I do. I am so overwhelmingly grateful that God saw fit to make me
Fred Broome's wife!!!

4 comments:

sheltonfamily said...

aaahhh... fun..I can't believe it has already been 4 years. It is so neat how God brought you all together in seminary. I love your date. Ikea is so fun. We have one about 20 mins. from our house. Our entire family room is from there.. there couches are awesome.. cause if I ever get tired of our "tan color" I can buy a new slip cover, but keep the couch. Mike always laughs and says "do you ever think we won't have to put our furniture together"? I'm glad you all are enjoying ATL!

Leslie said...

I knew about the surprise before you did;) I'm glad ya'll had such a fun time! Love!

The Via Colony said...

I'm a little jealous. IKEA is def. my fav. store. We're getting one here next year. Congrats on a Wonderful 4 years!!!!

Shannon Bradley said...

Happy Anniversary!...Isn't it such a blessing to have an easy husband to love ;) No greater gift...what a fun day it sounds like y'all had. See you soon.
Love, Shannon

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker