Tuesday, December 01, 2009

For This I Pray

At about this time last year, I gathered all of the nativity Little People (from the massive collection of these beloved figures that we have collected!) and arranged them on a cabinet at the top of our stairs. And naturally, I placed them in the traditional order: Mary and Joseph on either side of baby Jesus, with the angel above and the other characters spread out on each side. However, this is the order that I found them in after Joshua and Anna Bell had played with them. I was in complete awe and amazement as I sat there wondering what was going through their little minds as they arranged those figures. I know that they probably didn't fully understand what they were doing when they placed each figure focused completely on Jesus, but it sure did challenge me! *This is my prayer for this Christmas season and every one the follows in the Broome household- that we would train and model and teach our children that amidst such tradition, Christ is Who we celebrate! He is God with us! He humbled Himself and came here as a baby, and (in the words of Shane & Shane in my favorite modern Christmas carol) He was born to die.



4 comments:

Rhianna Garber said...

That is so perfect! I love it when we learn from our kids!

The Hunters said...

love this! i did this with our little people nativity today and used it as a teaching lesson, check out my blog:)

Holly said...

so true...love how they did that.. you will remember that for a long time. We are trying as well to keep the focus. We are doing the Jesse Tree idea. I think it will be fun and pretty easy.

Kelli said...

Very sweet. Great lesson. We have the same nativity set and the kids love it. Over the years, afew more of the nativity people have made it into the scene though. There's an alligator, a construction worker and an old guy who I think may be Noah from the Noah's Ark set we had once upon a time. It cracks me up every time I walk by. It also reminds me that Jesus is for everyone, not just the three wise men...

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker