Sunday, December 02, 2007

Jesus and the Little Children

Today was baby dedication at Ingleside. We got to participate with both children, which was both meaningful and nerve-racking! I really had no idea what to expect from Joshua. Not only is he two (which is enough to make a mother worried in and of itself) but he also has virtually no fear of crowds/people he doesn't know. It was actually really good for me: I had to come to the point of realizing that it's not about my child acting "perfect." It's about participating in a sweet time of commitment on the behalf of our church family to come along side of us as we strive to carry out the weighty responsibility of training our children to love the Lord. Anyways, it was a really special time. Our pastor prayed with each family (16 children in our service) and then preached about having the childlike faith that Jesus speaks about in Mark 10:13-16. Joshua did great. He did make me a little nervous when our seats on stage happened to be right next to the baptistry and he told me several times that he "wanted to go swimmin'"...oh boy!!!! Thankfully, we were able to redirect his attention with the mini marshmallows that I stuffed in Fred's pocket!!!! Ha Ha!!! Kind of ironic that here we were making this public commitment to discipline and training in righteousness and I'm bribing my kid with sugar! Oh well. We are so thankful for our church and the commitment they have to the family!

2 comments:

The Via Colony said...

You're a GREAT mom!! Love ya'll=)

sheltonfamily said...

HA... we need to chat soon about this whole "two yr. old thing...?"! I'm glad it went well and we need some dedication pics!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker