Thursday, July 03, 2008

6 Bucks and Some Paint

One of my favorite "hobbies" is decorating my house. I love looking through magazines, shopping around Target, choosing paint colors...and all that fun stuff. I do not, however, enjoy spending a lot of money on decorations. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a house that looked like Pottery Barn, but it's just not going to happen. There's too many other more important things to spend money on.
This is my latest super-cheap decorating project. I found these letters at Michael's for a dollar a piece and just used the paint colors that we've already chosen for each of the rooms downstairs. What's even better is that the letters are pretty big, so they decorate an entire wall! I'm wishing that I would have bought more letters while they were on sale for other rooms/words...oh well. Do any of you have any creative/affordable decor ideas? I'd love to hear about 'em...I have plenty of walls left to decorate!!!!:)


6 comments:

Tim and Sherri said...

Love it, so cute and they look professional. You are so talented! And you could've saved a dollar if you left off the E at the end! :)

Sandy said...

This is awesome! Call me when you have a chance, I may have some things you can use for your artistic home decorating projects!

Oh, and regarding tim and sherri's remark about saving a dollar by omitting the final E, obviously they do not understand the critical importance and symbolism associated with the final E in our last name! TOO FUNNY!

The Via Colony said...

You are so creative! They look professional. Here's my tip. I will just call you when I need some awesome frugal decorating and you can make some extra money=) Fred got himself a GREAT homemaker!

Kelli said...

You are ao talented! I wish I could do stuff like that. I have a friend who used something called Wall Pops to decorate her sons room. They're super cute, not that expensive and easy to do. I've used something similar called wallies, which are kind of like wall paper, only not as messy and easier to remove. I used them on Sloan's room. I also got these super cute vinyl lettering signs for the kids room. They only cost fifteen bucks and you can order them in any font and with any phrase. I ordered red colored letters. One sign says "Frogs, Snails and Puppy Dog Tails, That's what little boys are mafe of..." And the other, "Sugar, Spice and everything nice, that's what little girls are made of. They just stick right on to the wall, but they can't be peeled off - key with putting them in kids' rooms! You have to heat them with a hair dryer if you want to remove them. It's supposed to be easy, but I haven't tried. Anyway, they're really cute too. I don't remember the name of the website, but I can find out if you're interested. Okay, I'm done taking up all the space on your site now! Love you!

ellieandavasmommy said...

I love the letters! They look great! I'm sure you hand painted them and I know I could never do it as professionally as you, but another way to decorate letters (and galvanized buckets for organizing things) is wallpaper border. I haven't done it yet, but hope to soon. :-)

Adam, Connie, Josiah, and Bella said...

Linds, one of my favorite things about being your roommate was soaking up a fraction of your creativity! Great job with the letters!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker