Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back From the Beach

The Prosser Family Beach Trip '08 is officially over. We are home. Laundry is washed. My tan is already fading. The kids are sleeping again. And although I'm thankful to be home and in our normal routine, part of me longs to be back at the beach. For those of you who know me, I am seldom "emotional"...as far as crying goes, but I was really sad to leave on Saturday morning. As my parents, sisters, brother, and niece piled into their SUV, I really had to try hard to hold it together. After they left and Fred and I were packing up the rest of our stuff, I quietly cried as I thought about what a great week we had and how terribly blessed I am to have such a great family. We're not perfect. We get on each other's nerves. Eleven people can be way too many in one condo for a whole week... but I have a wonderful family. We have tons of fun together. Each of them challenge me to love Christ more. I am like each of them in different ways. Joshua and Anna Bell share a very special bond with their Grandparents, Aunts, Uncle and cousin. All that to say: We LOVE you: Dad, Mom, Luke, Laura, Becca, Ash, & Maddie Grace!!!! We miss you and are so thankful for you!!!!!

3 comments:

The Via Colony said...

Pregnancy always makes me SUPER emotional. I am so glad you had a good time with your family, that just makes those few times so much more special=)

sheltonfamily said...

I am so glad you had an awesome time at the beach. I understand that initial feeling of good-bye. It always hurts worse when you've had such a fun week together. Welcome back!

Kelli said...

Yaaaay! We're thankful for the Prossers too. Love you guys and can't wait to see you again.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker