Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Maybe I've lived in the south too long...

I completed my second sewing project last night (while watching LOST-- holy cow, can that show get any more confusing?!!?). I have been wanting to make a "pillowcase dress" for AB for a while now-- and have to ask my Midwest people: if this is what I like to dress my little girl in, have I lived in Georgia too long?!!? Seriously, I'm not to the point of putting Joshua in saddle shoes and rompers, but I know that my style has changed since living here. I love the sweet little dresses, big hair bows, and even monogramming. Anyways- I looked at a couple of instructional websites and called mom to talk me through some of the details. It really is a very easy dress to make. There are just a few simple steps, and because it's loose fitting and the ties bunch it as much as needed, you don't have to worry about getting it exactly right measurement wise. So here it is, folks- Belly in a pillowcase (yeah...she'll definitely give me a hard time for this one when she's older:))













7 comments:

Leslie said...

LOVE it! You need to share the pattern ;) By the way... Sept. 28th!

Sandy said...

Love it, too! AB is so adorable by the way!

Katelyn said...

You are so talented!!! I love it!

Holly said...

So cute! In Texas, it is smocked dresses and monogrammed things fi sure! What a cutie. She looks like she has some spunk like my Anna!

Kelli said...

Very nice. It's so cute.

Incidentally, I would LOVE to go back in time and tell the 16 year old Lindsey that one day she would be sewing dresses out of pillow cases for her daughter with frilly bows on the shoulders and just see the expression in her face. In my mind, that expression is hysterical...

CAL said...

enjoyed catching up on the blog. I sure hope that one day our families can spend some time together. adorable dress by the way! you were crafty in college too-I remember the heart with Zeph 3:17 written on it-how that encouraged my heart.

The Via Colony said...

How CUTE!!!! I LOVE the colors on little AB=)

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker