Thursday, November 27, 2008

...In Everything Give Thanks.

Due to the fast approaching baby arrival date (I'm 37 weeks today!!!), the Broome family stayed in Macon for Thanksgiving this year. And let me tell ya, it was a great day!!! We had a wonderful and relaxing time learning to cook new recipes and enjoying one another. Here are some pics of our fabulous spread:


Anna Bell has pink eye, so we couldn't get together with any friends...doesn't she look just pitifully sick?!!?:)

We had turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, homemade rolls, a relish tray, and pretzel jello salad...yummy!!! Joshua's favs were the rolls and turkey. Anna Bell had 4 servings of green beans and barely touched the rest of it.

I made my first batch of my mom's rolls today. They were really good and well worth the work of making them. I think that I probably called mom at least 6 times through the process! Thanks mom, they were great!!!

Needless to say, we have TONS of leftovers...good thing we don't mind eating the same thing over and over!

We also had a great devotional time today. We worked on memorizing 1 Thess. 5:16-18 together, sang and danced, and the kids shared what they were thankful for. Fred recorded their lists:

Joshua is thankful for:
*toys
*the color yellow
*the guitar
*Anna Bell
*Joshua
*Daddy and Mommy
*the whole family
*Thomas and Friends

Anna Bell is thankful for:
*Sarah
*Cortney
*bear
*Mommy and Daddy
*Joshua
*Baby Brother

...so sweet. so precious. so beautiful.

By the way: here's a picture of me at 37 weeks for those of you who commented that I "wasn't showing" earlier in this pregnancy. I'm huge now. We definitely predict that this baby will be the biggest thus far!:)

6 comments:

Luke and Laura Brosius said...

We sure missed you guys! Lindsey, I am happy to hear that you did not kill your yeast :)
We love you all!
btw...I would not exactly call that "huge"...

Kelli said...

Happy Thanksgiving and we can't wait to see pics of your new littel guy. And, by the way, your definition of huge and mine are apparently veeeery different because I think you look adorable and tiny.

The Via Colony said...

You look SO GOOD!!! I love the closet/baby room=) You've decorated it so cute...

Adam, Connie, Josiah, and Bella said...

Thanks for sharing your fun day! I love the thankful lists! Linds, you look great. I can't believe little man is going to be here in a couple of weeks. Praying for you all.

Katie and Shae said...

What a great thanksgiving! sounds like we both had sick Annabelles... (Anna Bells) over the holiday... we are now fighting off the virus as a family - no fun! i hope the baby doesn't come before we kick this bug, bc we are dying to meet him and want to be able to come and visit soon after! let us know if we can do anything for you!

carol prosser said...

We are thankful for each of you and we missed you so much on Thanksgiving!!
(You are NO WAY huge!!! You do look pregnant and beautiful!!) Can't wait to see you all and meet our new grandson!!!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker