Saturday, November 22, 2008

Super Daddy Goes to Lowes

As mentioned in my previous post, Fred and his buddy, Scooter have spent the weekend putting ceramic tile in the kitchen/laundry room. As I write, they are cleaning up and moving stuff back in. I am SOOOOO excited!!! I LOVE the way that it turned out; it makes a huge difference! The camera is at church, but as soon as I can, I'll post pics of our remodel. ...I had to first mention the huge fatherhood feat that my stellar husband managed earlier in the week. Some of my friends had a little baby shower get together for me on Tuesday night, so Fred was in charge of the kiddos. On his way home from work that evening, he called to say that he thought he and Scooter might start on the floor after the kids were in bed and I was home. hmm. Seems like a little too much to pack into one evening to me, but what do I know...:) The major problem with this idea was that although we had already purchased the tile and grout, we still needed to get the backer board and mortar. So...being the stud that he is, my husband made a trip to Lowes with 3 year old Joshua and 21 month old Anna Bell. While there, he purchased 22 pieces of backer board (I think that they are something like 5 by 4 feet in size and weigh about 30 pounds each!) and 6 bags of mortar (each weighing about 50 pounds). Thankfully, a really nice Lowes guy must have taken pity on him and helped him through the whole process; even with loading it in the minivan! Fred said the kids did great and it really wasn't that bad. I say, how many dads would even attempt this?!!? Good job, honey! I'm proud of you. You're such a great dad!!!:)

1 comment:

The Via Colony said...

Way to go Fred. I'd really like to see a video of THAT! HA!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker