Wednesday, November 05, 2008

What a Sweet Husband I Have!!!!

I could not go without posting some pictures of the absolutely fabulous getaway that my dear husband surprised me with last weekend!!! A week ago Friday, Fred left the house at around 7:45, saying that he had a "quick planning meeting" that he had to go to. Although I thought that this was pretty lame, being that Fridays are my husband's day off, I tried not to complain!:) At around 10:30, I got a text from Fred telling me to check under the mattress on his side of the bed. Hmmm. So...the kids and I ran upstairs and found a note that told me to get his work laptop out of the laundry room and open it and click on the video link with my name on it. Ohh....as you can imagine, I was pretty excited by this point!!!! (I ended up giving the kids suckers at the table just so they would sit still so that I could get the computer going!!!) On the video, Fred explained that I needed to go ahead and be packed and ready to leave in about an hour...that the kids were taken care of, and that just the two of us were going somewhere Friday-Sunday!!! Woooo Whooo!!!!! About an hour later, Fred came home with my mom who flew in from St. Louis to watch the kids!!!! So fun!!! Since Joshua was born, we have only gotten away for one night (...besides ministry stuff...which doesn't exactly count as quality time as a couple!) So this was really exciting!!!! I am so thankful for a husband that is so thoughtful and sees time for just the two of us as important!!! Anyways, Fred worked it out that we got to stay at a beautiful condo at Amelia Island that belongs to a middle school family for the weekend. It was so great...we really enjoyed our time together and away from everything.


Here is the view from our balcony....a little too cold to swim, but great scenery!!!

We went out to a way nice restaurant on Saturday...I even wore a dress...which is something that rarely happens...even when I'm not 7+ months pregnant!!!!


Here's a view of the downtown atmosphere...it was really fun to just walk around and look at the little shops!


We spent quite a bit of time sitting outside and reading...something that you really appreciate when the majority of your days are typically consumed with caring for little people!!!!

We walked on the beach several times as well...it was absolutely beautiful!!!!

*The only bummer of the weekend was that I had some really strange pregnancy symptoms that started as soon as Fred and I got to the condo. I started seeing spots and then pretty much lost all peripheral vision for about an hour. My arms were kind of numb/tingly and I had trouble putting words together!!! It was really scary!!!! After I rested, it seemed to pretty much go away (except for a headache) and I woke up on Saturday feeling great again. Unfortunately, it happened again once on Saturday afternoon and then again on Sunday on the way home. We were afraid that I was developing preeclampsia or something and I went in to see the doctor on Monday. They couldn't find anything wrong with me, and it hasn't happened since, praise God!!!! The doctor thinks that the baby may have been putting pressure on some nerve or blood vessel, which caused my blood pressure to bottom out and have such weird symptoms. Whatever it was, I'm glad it hasn't happened again!!! Other than the strange blindness episodes, Fred and I had a great time together. I am so thankful for my husband!!!! Fred is an incredible hubby, daddy, and leader of our family. I love him soooo much and could not imagine that marriage would be so wonderful!!!! Thank you, Fred Broome for being my husband!!!!! I am so blessed and proud to be your wife!!!!!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Those Broome boys are something special...and they always marry great women!! ;)

I think you had a migraine--the vision symptoms you describe sound like migraine aura. Check this and see if it fits: http://headaches.about.com/od/migrainediseas1/a/aura_ache.htm

Anyway, I hope it doesn't happen again!

The Via Colony said...

That is awesome! What a GREAT get-away.
I am so glad that your symptoms have gone away! Anna Bell is ADORABLE in those pictures too!

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker